WELCOME TO THE AMERICAN LEGION

America's Largest Veterans Service Organization

myLegion.org Icon
Social IconsSocial IconsSocial IconsSocial IconsSocial Icons

 

 EVERYTHING YOU  NEED TO KNOW TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS  

          QUEEN OF HEARTS RAFFLE          

 

IMPORTANT NOTICE

THIS INDEPENDENT RAFFLE IS STRUCTURED AND RUN FOLLOWING THE WA STATE GAMBLING

COMMISSION RULES, AND A LINK TO THESE RULES IS FOUND BY CLICKING HERE.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


 

AMERICAN LEGION, POST 10


QUEEN OF HEARTS RAFFLE


RULES OF PLAY


1.  A new deck of 54 playing cards will be used for the raffle.  Each card from the deck will be sealed in an envelope.  Envelopes will be secured in a lockable case.

2.  All members of The American Legion, The American Legion Auxiliary, Sons of The American Legion, and Legion Riders are eligible to play, including members from other Posts, Units, Squadrons and Chapters. Anyone wishing to play must be a member in good standing, with a valid membership card on their person. You must have your membership card to purchase tickets or win any prizes. Guests who are signed in by members are not eligible to play.

3.  Tickets will be $1.00 each with no limit on the number of tickets purchased. The Queen of Hearts drawing will occur every Tuesday at 7 PM from the tickets purchased that week. Ticket sales start on Tuesday at 5:00 PM and end at 6:45 PM sharp.  The bar clock is the official clock.  Tickets will be drawn by the bartender or a member of the Post 10 House Committee or a designee.  TICKET HOLDER MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN.  If a ticket is drawn and the holder is not physically present, another ticket will be drawn until there is a winner.

4.  The winner will choose an envelope from the case.  Winner will receive the prize assigned to that card.

5.  Each card selected is signed by the winner,  turned face up and that card will remain visible on the board.  Once the “Queen of Hearts” is selected, the game will no longer be in play.

   

6.  PRIZES:

QUEEN OF HEARTS – wins the jackpot posted on the board at the time of the drawing -    Jackpot will increase each week by 60% of net raffle receipts for that week.  The remaining 40% will go to The American Legion, Wenatchee, Post 10 to fund Post 10 programs, functions and obligations.

ALL OTHER QUEENS – 10 % of the jackpot posted on the board at the time of the drawing

JOKER – $200.00

NON QUEEN FACE CARD OR ACE – $ 100.00

ALL OTHER CARDS - $ 50.00


7.   Each week, after the drawing, all non-winning tickets will be destroyed.

8.   The Jackpot amount will be updated weekly and predominantly displayed in the bar.

9.   All winners are responsible for any and all taxes. Prizes over $600.00 will be paid by check and the winner will be issued a W2-G (1099). NO prize over $600.00 will be paid until the W2-G (1099) information is completely filled out. If a winner is unwilling to fill out a W2-G (1099), the prize will revert back to the Post.

Per Washington State  WAC 230-11-065, the maximum jackpot cannot exceed $40,000.  When the jackpot hits $40,000, It will be capped for the final drawing.  On the final drawing, tickets will continue to be drawn until there is a winner.  Excess funds collected from ticket sales for a jackpot of $40,000 will go to The American Legion, Wenatchee, Post 10 to fund Post 10 programs, functions and obligations.

Adopted:  3 FEB 2017 kz/house comm

<< Previous Page  


TOP